It’s been a good week for LeanIn.org’s Ban Bossy campaign — not only did Sheryl Sandberg get Beyonce to do her bidding, she also managed to get #BanBossy trending on Facebook and Twitter.
In the spirit of bossiness, we’re telling you to read the six best things written about Ban Bossy this week. Do it. Now.
Don’t Ban Bossy: Ban Bossiness by James Poniewozik
I Don’t Give a $*%& If You Call Me Bossy by Jessica Roy
From around the web:
The Problem With Sheryl Sandberg’s ‘Ban Bossy’ Campaign by Ann Friedman, New York Magazine
Don’t ‘Ban Bossy,’ Sheryl Sandberg: Tell Us What to Do Next by Alexandra Petri, Washington Post
Even If ‘Bossy’ Could Be Banned, There Are Far Better Ways to Boost a Girl’s Self Esteem by Hadley Freeman
The Problem Isn’t the Word ‘Bossy’– It’s Leaders Who Abuse Their Power by Noah Berlatsky
I want the report on my desk in an hour.
And in case you missed it, here’s the Ban Bossy video that everyone missed while we were watching the Beyonce one. Watch it.
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement