Apparently someone at Asus really enjoys half-decent blended Scotch.
The company’s latest phone-tablet hybrid, the Padfone E, lists “Johnnie Walker Black” as a color option, along with the less-exciting “Pearl White.” I’ve reached out to Asus to find out whether this is a sponsorship deal or just the result of a wicked bender by the Asus marketing department.
In any case, it’s unclear whether we’ll see the Padfone E outside of Taiwan. Asus has been putting out phones with tablet docks for years, and except for the Scotch-inspired name, this particular model is unremarkable, with a 4.7-inch smartphone screen, 1.4 GHz dual-core processor, 1 GB of RAM and 13-megapixel camera, and it slides into a 10-inch tablet dock. Both devices have 1280-by-720 resolution displays.
In the United States, Asus is working with AT&T to launch the Padfone X. We suspect Asus will sober up by the time it has to pick a color.
- Here’s How Effective the Original Vaccines Are Against Omicron
- The Promise—And Possible Perils—of Editing What We Say Online
- How Trump Survived Decades of Legal Trouble: Deny, Deflect, Delay, and Don't Put Anything in Writing
- Flint Is Still Shaken by its Water Crisis—and Residents Are Experiencing Long-Term Mental-Health Issues
- A Beer Shortage Is Brewing. A Volcano Is Partly to Blame
- How Fasting Can—and Can't—Improve Gut Health
- Cities Keep Enforcing Curfews for Teens, Despite Evidence They Don't Stop Crime
- Joe Manchin’s Red Tape Reform Could Supercharge Renewable Energy in the U.S.
- Column: We Should Talk More About What a Brilliant Actor Marilyn Monroe Was