Apparently someone at Asus really enjoys half-decent blended Scotch.
The company’s latest phone-tablet hybrid, the Padfone E, lists “Johnnie Walker Black” as a color option, along with the less-exciting “Pearl White.” I’ve reached out to Asus to find out whether this is a sponsorship deal or just the result of a wicked bender by the Asus marketing department.
In any case, it’s unclear whether we’ll see the Padfone E outside of Taiwan. Asus has been putting out phones with tablet docks for years, and except for the Scotch-inspired name, this particular model is unremarkable, with a 4.7-inch smartphone screen, 1.4 GHz dual-core processor, 1 GB of RAM and 13-megapixel camera, and it slides into a 10-inch tablet dock. Both devices have 1280-by-720 resolution displays.
In the United States, Asus is working with AT&T to launch the Padfone X. We suspect Asus will sober up by the time it has to pick a color.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve