Arthur Chu, the Jeopardy! champ whose playing style irritated long-time viewers of the game show, finally tapped out on Wednesday’s show after winning 11 straight games.
Chu came in third on Wednesday, ending an 11-game run that saw him win close to $300,000. His winning streak is the third-longest in the show’s nearly fifty-year history. Chu took to Twitter to announce that he will be doing a Reddit Ask me Anything session on Thursday night:
As Chu racked up victory after victory, his playing style – jumping around the board looking for Daily Doubles and keeping his opponents off balance – irritated many long-time fans of the show who are used to contestants working through categories from lowest to highest. Chu told USA Today that his strategy was based on game theory and that he was playing the game to his best advantage within the rules.
Chu takes home $297,200 from his 11 wins.
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive