Arthur Chu, the Jeopardy! champ whose playing style irritated long-time viewers of the game show, finally tapped out on Wednesday’s show after winning 11 straight games.
Chu came in third on Wednesday, ending an 11-game run that saw him win close to $300,000. His winning streak is the third-longest in the show’s nearly fifty-year history. Chu took to Twitter to announce that he will be doing a Reddit Ask me Anything session on Thursday night:
As Chu racked up victory after victory, his playing style – jumping around the board looking for Daily Doubles and keeping his opponents off balance – irritated many long-time fans of the show who are used to contestants working through categories from lowest to highest. Chu told USA Today that his strategy was based on game theory and that he was playing the game to his best advantage within the rules.
Chu takes home $297,200 from his 11 wins.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World