Arthur Chu, the Jeopardy! champ whose playing style irritated long-time viewers of the game show, finally tapped out on Wednesday’s show after winning 11 straight games.
Chu came in third on Wednesday, ending an 11-game run that saw him win close to $300,000. His winning streak is the third-longest in the show’s nearly fifty-year history. Chu took to Twitter to announce that he will be doing a Reddit Ask me Anything session on Thursday night:
As Chu racked up victory after victory, his playing style – jumping around the board looking for Daily Doubles and keeping his opponents off balance – irritated many long-time fans of the show who are used to contestants working through categories from lowest to highest. Chu told USA Today that his strategy was based on game theory and that he was playing the game to his best advantage within the rules.
Chu takes home $297,200 from his 11 wins.
- The 100 Best Mystery and Thriller Books of All Time
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- What Beyoncé Gave Us
- Congress Avoided a Shutdown. What Happens Next?
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time