In celebration of Pi Day, restaurants and bars around the country are hosting tons of nerdy math-themed promotions this Friday, March 14 (3.14), most involving pizzas or slices of pie for $3.14. Also: cheap drinks!
Here are a few possible options for geeking out—and saving some cash—on Friday, 3.14.2014:
Boston.com recommends pie for breakfast at the Beacon Hill Hotel, where a slice sells for $3.14 on Friday, while the Salvatore’s, a local Italian chain, offers a selection of flatbread pizza pies for $3.14 that day.
Check out the huge list of 3.14-themed promotions and deals at restaurants and bakeries in the Windy City rounded up at Chicago on the Cheap. Most feature a $3.14 price on pizza or pie, but there are also basic buy one slice of pizza, get one free offers.
New Jersey’s quaint college town takes March 14 seriously. Not only is 3.14 Pi Day, it’s also the day that longtime town resident, university professor, and all-around genius Albert Einstein was born. Accordingly, Princeton goes all out with an entire weekend honoring Pi Day and Einstein’s birthday, including free guided walking tours of Einstein’s neighborhood, a “Top Chef” pie-making competition, and a Rubik’s Cube demonstration.
Pi Pizza, with a handful of locations in Missouri and a sister branch District of Pi restaurant in Washington, D.C., is naturally host to a range of special Pi Day events and deals, including a promotion in which your second pizza is $3.14 after paying full price for the first.
Based in Maine, with locations also in New Hampshire and Massachusetts, the Portland Pie Company is host to discounted pizza deals and a $3.14 pint special during lunch and happy hour.
Your Pie, a restaurant chain with locations in Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, and Tennessee, is hosting its “fifth annual celebration of the circle” this Friday, with the base price of its customizable craft pizzas starting at $3.14.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This