An elementary school teacher in Northern California was arrested for allegedly bringing marijuana-laced food to an employee dinner.
Teresa Gilmete Badger, 47, was arrested after a six-week investigation into a suspicion of poisoning at a late-November dinner in Benicia, Calif., where several partygoers got sick and one tested positive for THC, the principal intoxicant in marijuana, the local CNN affiliate reported.
Two people ended up in the hospital following the dinner.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- Matthew Macfadyen on Succession Series Finale
- How Worried Should the World Be of China's New COVID Wave?
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- AI Is as Risky as Pandemics and Nuclear War, Top CEOs Say
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction