The family-friendly animated film Ernest & Celestine has been available for French audiences for years, but its English version, which was nominated for an Oscar at this year’s awards, is just beginning to make its way across the U.S. Here, check out a TIME-only clip from the movie, which features the voice of Forest Whitaker (he’s the bear, Ernest), before the film’s nationwide roll-out begins Mar. 14.
It’s the story of a mouse and a bear who bond over art, based on the classic children’s books of the same name by Gabrielle Vincent — and it’s easy to see why parents won’t be too sad if their kids drag them to this one. Other voices in the film include Lauren Bacall, Paul Giamatti, William H. Macy, Nick Offerman and Megan Mullally.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Lily Rothman at email@example.com