The family-friendly animated film Ernest & Celestine has been available for French audiences for years, but its English version, which was nominated for an Oscar at this year’s awards, is just beginning to make its way across the U.S. Here, check out a TIME-only clip from the movie, which features the voice of Forest Whitaker (he’s the bear, Ernest), before the film’s nationwide roll-out begins Mar. 14.
It’s the story of a mouse and a bear who bond over art, based on the classic children’s books of the same name by Gabrielle Vincent — and it’s easy to see why parents won’t be too sad if their kids drag them to this one. Other voices in the film include Lauren Bacall, Paul Giamatti, William H. Macy, Nick Offerman and Megan Mullally.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now