The family-friendly animated film Ernest & Celestine has been available for French audiences for years, but its English version, which was nominated for an Oscar at this year’s awards, is just beginning to make its way across the U.S. Here, check out a TIME-only clip from the movie, which features the voice of Forest Whitaker (he’s the bear, Ernest), before the film’s nationwide roll-out begins Mar. 14.
It’s the story of a mouse and a bear who bond over art, based on the classic children’s books of the same name by Gabrielle Vincent — and it’s easy to see why parents won’t be too sad if their kids drag them to this one. Other voices in the film include Lauren Bacall, Paul Giamatti, William H. Macy, Nick Offerman and Megan Mullally.
- Governor Gretchen Whitmer on Her Fight for Abortion Access in Michigan
- Inside the War on Fake Consumer Reviews
- Column: Europe's Refugee Crisis Is Going to Get Worse
- How Lawmakers Are Trying to Protect Abortion Data Privacy
- The Surprising Thing That Could Help Ease Inflation
- Finding the American Dream in Canada
- The Safest Sunscreens to Buy—and Which Ingredients to Avoid
- Fact-Checking 8 Claims About Crypto’s Climate Impact
- How Grief Upsets Your Gut Health
- Who Could Replace Boris Johnson As U.K. Prime Minister?