Keith Richards can’t get no satisfaction just from being one of the greatest rock stars in history.
Now, he’s writing a children’s book. Little Brown Books for Young Readers announced Tuesday that the Rolling Stone guitarist has a deal to write a picture story called “Gus & Me: The Story of My Granddad and My First Guitar.”
Keith Richards was introduced to music through his grandfather Theodore Augustus “Gus” Dupree, who was in a jazz big band. Richards’ book will be about his relationship with his early muse. The notoriously hard-living guitarist has five grandchildren of his own.
“I have just become a grandfather for the fifth time, so I know what I’m talking about,” says Keith Richards. “The bond, the special bond, between kids and grandparents is unique and should be treasured. This is a story of one of those magical moments. May I be as great a grandfather as Gus was to me.”
The book will come out this fall and include illustrations by Richards’ daughter, Theodora Richards.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears