Keith Richards can’t get no satisfaction just from being one of the greatest rock stars in history.
Now, he’s writing a children’s book. Little Brown Books for Young Readers announced Tuesday that the Rolling Stone guitarist has a deal to write a picture story called “Gus & Me: The Story of My Granddad and My First Guitar.”
Keith Richards was introduced to music through his grandfather Theodore Augustus “Gus” Dupree, who was in a jazz big band. Richards’ book will be about his relationship with his early muse. The notoriously hard-living guitarist has five grandchildren of his own.
“I have just become a grandfather for the fifth time, so I know what I’m talking about,” says Keith Richards. “The bond, the special bond, between kids and grandparents is unique and should be treasured. This is a story of one of those magical moments. May I be as great a grandfather as Gus was to me.”
The book will come out this fall and include illustrations by Richards’ daughter, Theodora Richards.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State