Keith Richards can’t get no satisfaction just from being one of the greatest rock stars in history.
Now, he’s writing a children’s book. Little Brown Books for Young Readers announced Tuesday that the Rolling Stone guitarist has a deal to write a picture story called “Gus & Me: The Story of My Granddad and My First Guitar.”
Keith Richards was introduced to music through his grandfather Theodore Augustus “Gus” Dupree, who was in a jazz big band. Richards’ book will be about his relationship with his early muse. The notoriously hard-living guitarist has five grandchildren of his own.
“I have just become a grandfather for the fifth time, so I know what I’m talking about,” says Keith Richards. “The bond, the special bond, between kids and grandparents is unique and should be treasured. This is a story of one of those magical moments. May I be as great a grandfather as Gus was to me.”
The book will come out this fall and include illustrations by Richards’ daughter, Theodora Richards.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com