A Beverly Hills police sergeant is suing the city, claiming he faced retaliation after reporting that a detective in his unit made inappropriate remarks about Whitney Houston’s body at the scene of her death.
In a lawsuit, Sgt. Brian Weir alleges that just hours after the singer’s death, a fellow sergeant from the Beverly Hills Police Department lifted a sheet covering the superstar’s naked body and said: “Damn, she’s still looking good, huh?”
Since he reported the incident, Sgt. Weir claims he’s been demoted and harassed, NBC reported.
Houston was 48 when she drowned in a bathtub in her room at the Beverly Hilton hotel two years ago.
Watch the video above for more.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time