Updated Jan. 26, 2014, 4:02 p.m.
Police have named the shooter who entered a Maryland mall Saturday morning and killed two people, before turning the gun on himself.
Darion Marcus Aguilar, 19, shot 25-year-old Tyler Johnson and 21-year-old Brianna Benlolo with a 12-gauge shotgun on the upper level of Columbia Mall, reports the Associated Press. Both victims were employees at a skate shop in the shopping center; Benlolo was a mother to a two-year-old child, and was from College Park, the same city as Aguilar.
Police are still looking for a motive. It isn’t yet known whether the shooter knew his victims.
In addition to the gun, authorities found and disabled “two crude devices that appeared to be an attempt at making explosives using fireworks,” and also recovered ammunition and computer documents from Aguilar’s home Saturday evening. The firearm used was purchased legally in December.
Aguilar was a skateboarder, a classmate who attended James Hubert Blake High School in Silver Spring told the AP.
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement