French President Francois Hollande confirmed his separation Saturday from his partner Valerie Trierweiler, following a French gossip magazine’s reports of the president’s affair with actress Julie Gayet.
“I am making it known that I have put an end to my shared life with Valerie Trierweiler,” Hollande told Agence France-Presse.
Hollande’s office had earlier denied the claims of his separation from Trierweiler, the BBC reports. However, he never denied his affair with Gayet, which was publicized after the French gossip magazine Closer published photos of Hollande arriving at her apartment for nocturnal trysts.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time