French President Francois Hollande confirmed his separation Saturday from his partner Valerie Trierweiler, following a French gossip magazine’s reports of the president’s affair with actress Julie Gayet.
“I am making it known that I have put an end to my shared life with Valerie Trierweiler,” Hollande told Agence France-Presse.
Hollande’s office had earlier denied the claims of his separation from Trierweiler, the BBC reports. However, he never denied his affair with Gayet, which was publicized after the French gossip magazine Closer published photos of Hollande arriving at her apartment for nocturnal trysts.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State