General rule: Don’t make your dog do a keg stand. Ever. Also: don’t make your dog do a keg stand, take a picture of it, and then post it on the internet, unless you want to a) get called an amoral animal abuser and b) get arrested.
Two students at the State University of New York at Brockport were arrested after an image of a black lab being held upside down over a keg — nozzle positioned at the opening of the pup’s mouth — went viral. (You can click here to see the offensive photo, if you must.)
Nursing student Robert Yates, 20, took and then tweeted the photo, which led to his arrest on charges of torturing/injuring an animal. Shane Oliver, 20, was photographed holding up May the dog’s hind legs. He was arrested with the same charges. They’re both scheduled to appear in court April 2.
Some people were horrified:
Some defended the culprits:
And others seriously missed the point:
Luckily Mya, whose owner wasn’t at home at the time of the incident, is safe and sound:
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears