Chad Roberts, Lead Pastor at Preaching Christ Church in Kingsport, Tennessee, has started SundaysAreTheWorst.com, a website where restaurant staffers can anonymously post stories about the rude Christian patrons who flock to their restaurants after Sunday services, The New York Daily News reports via The Kingsport Times-News.
So far, most of the stories complain about people who do not leave enough tip, but do leave pamphlets about the Bible and finding Jesus. “I had customers say something rude about the fact that I was working on the Lord’s day and not in church,” according to another story by a staffer who claims he or she cannot afford to take Sundays off from work.
Roberts was inspired to start the website after reading about the St. Louis pastor Alois Bell, who wrote “I give God ten percent, why do you get 18?” in response to the automatic gratuity that was added to her receipt at a local Applebees.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears