Chad Roberts, Lead Pastor at Preaching Christ Church in Kingsport, Tennessee, has started SundaysAreTheWorst.com, a website where restaurant staffers can anonymously post stories about the rude Christian patrons who flock to their restaurants after Sunday services, The New York Daily News reports via The Kingsport Times-News.
So far, most of the stories complain about people who do not leave enough tip, but do leave pamphlets about the Bible and finding Jesus. “I had customers say something rude about the fact that I was working on the Lord’s day and not in church,” according to another story by a staffer who claims he or she cannot afford to take Sundays off from work.
Roberts was inspired to start the website after reading about the St. Louis pastor Alois Bell, who wrote “I give God ten percent, why do you get 18?” in response to the automatic gratuity that was added to her receipt at a local Applebees.
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- Matthew Macfadyen on Succession Series Finale
- How Worried Should the World Be of China's New COVID Wave?
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction