I’ve written before that the current state of smartwatches is reminiscent of the earliest Android tablets, before Google released a proper version of Android for larger screens. While some companies are trying to make Android-based smartwatches already, their efforts seem premature without Google’s guidance.
That support is reportedly coming soon. According to the Wall Street Journal, Google plans to a wearable software development kit based on Android in two weeks:
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This