This week, the Saturday Night Live writers decided to spoof Her, the buzzy, futuristic rom-com directed by Spike Jonze. And thank goodness they did. The movie is called Me, and Jonah Hill stars as the narcissistic protagonist who falls in love with his operating system — who reminds him quite a bit of himself. So essentially, he falls in love with the computer-programmed version of himself, all while sporting the high-waisted pants Jonze seems so fond of.
The parody may be a bit more entertaining (or at least a bit more intelligible) to viewers who’ve already seen Her, but either way, this is worth a watch, mostly because Michael Cera makes a cameo. That’s right, the Superbad duo is back, and this time they agree on at least one thing: “The future is weird.”
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time