Beyoncé wants you to be the boss.
The pop superstar and newly declared feminist icon joins Jennifer Garner, Condoleezza Rice and a chorus of powerful female (and a few male) voices in a video promoting LeanIn.org’s new ‘Ban Bossy‘campaign.
Lean In author and Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg elaborated on her crusade to ban the five-letter adjective this morning in a Wall Street Journal op-ed, written with Anna Maria Chávez, CEO of the Girl Scouts of the USA:
Sandberg thinks that creating awareness around the negative female connotations of the word will change perceptions and encourage young girls to be leaders. And while while past efforts to change specific words have proven futile, Sandberg’s influence might just help her succeed.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time