A 7-year-old girl managed to absolutely wow the judges on a televised talent show with her spot-on rendition of Billy Holiday’s “Gloomy Sunday.”
The youngster, Angelina Jordan, appeared on the stage of “Norway’s Got Talent”, barefoot and in a white dress, and announced that she would be be singing Holiday’s dark jazz standard. The skeptical judges were blown away from the moment she started singing.
“It was completely fantastic,” one judge said of Jordan’s performance, according to YouTube’s English subtitles. “You sing fantastic and I got goosebumps from the very beginning,” echoed another. The audience agreed, giving the upstart a well-deserved standing ovation.
Despite her youth, Jordan has had singing lessons for four years and, although English is not her first language, she says she “understood the song very well.”
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating