A 7-year-old girl managed to absolutely wow the judges on a televised talent show with her spot-on rendition of Billy Holiday’s “Gloomy Sunday.”
The youngster, Angelina Jordan, appeared on the stage of “Norway’s Got Talent”, barefoot and in a white dress, and announced that she would be be singing Holiday’s dark jazz standard. The skeptical judges were blown away from the moment she started singing.
“It was completely fantastic,” one judge said of Jordan’s performance, according to YouTube’s English subtitles. “You sing fantastic and I got goosebumps from the very beginning,” echoed another. The audience agreed, giving the upstart a well-deserved standing ovation.
Despite her youth, Jordan has had singing lessons for four years and, although English is not her first language, she says she “understood the song very well.”
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow