A 7-year-old girl managed to absolutely wow the judges on a televised talent show with her spot-on rendition of Billy Holiday’s “Gloomy Sunday.”
The youngster, Angelina Jordan, appeared on the stage of “Norway’s Got Talent”, barefoot and in a white dress, and announced that she would be be singing Holiday’s dark jazz standard. The skeptical judges were blown away from the moment she started singing.
“It was completely fantastic,” one judge said of Jordan’s performance, according to YouTube’s English subtitles. “You sing fantastic and I got goosebumps from the very beginning,” echoed another. The audience agreed, giving the upstart a well-deserved standing ovation.
Despite her youth, Jordan has had singing lessons for four years and, although English is not her first language, she says she “understood the song very well.”
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve