A 7-year-old girl managed to absolutely wow the judges on a televised talent show with her spot-on rendition of Billy Holiday’s “Gloomy Sunday.”
The youngster, Angelina Jordan, appeared on the stage of “Norway’s Got Talent”, barefoot and in a white dress, and announced that she would be be singing Holiday’s dark jazz standard. The skeptical judges were blown away from the moment she started singing.
“It was completely fantastic,” one judge said of Jordan’s performance, according to YouTube’s English subtitles. “You sing fantastic and I got goosebumps from the very beginning,” echoed another. The audience agreed, giving the upstart a well-deserved standing ovation.
Despite her youth, Jordan has had singing lessons for four years and, although English is not her first language, she says she “understood the song very well.”
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How a Government Shutdown Could Affect You
- Colleges Get Creative to Boost Mental Health
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time