A 7-year-old girl managed to absolutely wow the judges on a televised talent show with her spot-on rendition of Billy Holiday’s “Gloomy Sunday.”
The youngster, Angelina Jordan, appeared on the stage of “Norway’s Got Talent”, barefoot and in a white dress, and announced that she would be be singing Holiday’s dark jazz standard. The skeptical judges were blown away from the moment she started singing.
“It was completely fantastic,” one judge said of Jordan’s performance, according to YouTube’s English subtitles. “You sing fantastic and I got goosebumps from the very beginning,” echoed another. The audience agreed, giving the upstart a well-deserved standing ovation.
Despite her youth, Jordan has had singing lessons for four years and, although English is not her first language, she says she “understood the song very well.”
MORE: ICYMI: Three-Year-Old Explains Why She’s Donating Her Hair to Charity in the Cutest Way
MORE: WATCH: These Dance Moves May Get You Death Threats in Kurdistan
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement