Al-Qaeda’s media wing has announced the upcoming launch of Resurgence, a terror magazine for English-speakers.
NBC News reports the video announcement spliced snippets of Malcolm X’s 1965 speech on violent resistance with images of militants, U.S. soldiers and the Boston Marathon bombings.
It’s not the first such publication to hit the market. The Boston marathon bombers allegedly lifted bomb-making recipes from a similar magazine, ‘Inspire,’ by an al-Qaeda splinter group in the Arabian Peninsula. Analysts said the launch marks an attempt by the parent organization—decimated by drone strikes—to reestablish control over global messaging and recruitment.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization