A family in Tampa, Florida consumed steak contaminated with the drug LSD, sending them all to the hospital, Tampa Police Department said Thursday.
Ronnie Morales, his girlfriend who was nine months pregnant, and her two girls aged seven and six were hospitalized Monday with a “mysterious illness” that caused the children to hallucinate. Hospital staff induced labor, but all four patients were released in good condition Wednesday, and the baby boy was healthy.
After investigating the food eaten by the family, the Tampa Police Department determined that a bottom round steak purchased from Walmart was contaminated with LSD. The police said results from toxicology samples of the victims will be available in three weeks.
The police, who said this is an isolated incident, are examining meat from the Walmart store and are still working to determine if a crime occurred.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Noah Rayman at firstname.lastname@example.org