A family in Tampa, Florida consumed steak contaminated with the drug LSD, sending them all to the hospital, Tampa Police Department said Thursday.
Ronnie Morales, his girlfriend who was nine months pregnant, and her two girls aged seven and six were hospitalized Monday with a “mysterious illness” that caused the children to hallucinate. Hospital staff induced labor, but all four patients were released in good condition Wednesday, and the baby boy was healthy.
After investigating the food eaten by the family, the Tampa Police Department determined that a bottom round steak purchased from Walmart was contaminated with LSD. The police said results from toxicology samples of the victims will be available in three weeks.
The police, who said this is an isolated incident, are examining meat from the Walmart store and are still working to determine if a crime occurred.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve