All in all, that seems like a pretty fair tradeoff.
Those of us who just can’t wait for the arrival of National Donut Day—a free donut frenzy celebrated annually on the first Friday of June—are in luck.
Following on the heels of last week’s free pancake day at IHOP comes a daylight savings promotion from Krispy Kreme in which every customer is entitled to one free original glazed donut at participating locations on Sunday, March 9.
The giveaway is timed with the onset of daylight savings time, when clocks will “spring forward” by an hour on Sunday. The result is that the sun will set later in the day, though at the cost of everyone losing an hour of sleep this weekend. The prospect of a free donut should soften the blow.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time