All in all, that seems like a pretty fair tradeoff.
Those of us who just can’t wait for the arrival of National Donut Day—a free donut frenzy celebrated annually on the first Friday of June—are in luck.
Following on the heels of last week’s free pancake day at IHOP comes a daylight savings promotion from Krispy Kreme in which every customer is entitled to one free original glazed donut at participating locations on Sunday, March 9.
The giveaway is timed with the onset of daylight savings time, when clocks will “spring forward” by an hour on Sunday. The result is that the sun will set later in the day, though at the cost of everyone losing an hour of sleep this weekend. The prospect of a free donut should soften the blow.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy