All in all, that seems like a pretty fair tradeoff.
Those of us who just can’t wait for the arrival of National Donut Day—a free donut frenzy celebrated annually on the first Friday of June—are in luck.
Following on the heels of last week’s free pancake day at IHOP comes a daylight savings promotion from Krispy Kreme in which every customer is entitled to one free original glazed donut at participating locations on Sunday, March 9.
The giveaway is timed with the onset of daylight savings time, when clocks will “spring forward” by an hour on Sunday. The result is that the sun will set later in the day, though at the cost of everyone losing an hour of sleep this weekend. The prospect of a free donut should soften the blow.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement