Well, this is a blast from the past. Former teen pop sensation Aaron Carter has sworn that he will spend the rest of his life trying to win back his former love, Hilary Duff.
The two child stars dated for almost three years back when Duff was the star of the Disney Channel show Lizzie McGuire and Carter had hit singles like “That’s How I Beat Shaq” and “Aaron’s Party.” Carter even guest starred on an episode of Lizzie McGuire in which the two locked lips after he filmed a music video in Lizzie’s home town.
But that was all back in the early 2000s before a love triangle with Lindsay Lohan reportedly tore them apart. As Carter explained in a 2006 interview, he and Hilary began dating when he was 16, but he “got bored” and “ended up cheating on Hilary with her best friend.”
Fast forward to 2014: Duff is now 26 and has a young son. But she recently announced her split from her husband of three years, former NHL player Mike Comrie, perhaps giving Carter the opening he’s been looking for. Carter took to Twitter to pine for his lost love.
First he retweeted a fan’s tweet:
Then he poured out his heart:
At least he concluded with a more self-aware tweet:
Duff hasn’t publicly responded to any of Carter’s tweets. And though she and Comrie announced their separation in January, they still seem close. She posted a picture on her Instagram of the two vacationing together on Valentine’s Day with their son with the caption “modern family.”
Hang in there, Aaron Carter. At least you’re “Coming Clean.”
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State