The man the Internet dubbed “Hot Jesus” will soon have a starring role on the CW. Diogo Morgado, who played the titular role in Mark Burnett’s Son of God and The Bible, will co-star in the network’s upcoming drama The Messengers, according to the Hollywood Reporter. And the role won’t be a stretch, because he’ll be playing yet another mysterious character who goes by just one name: The Man.
The sci-fi series will center around a group of unconnected strangers who die only to wake up and learn they’re responsible for preventing the apocalypse. The script will be written by Teen Wolf’s Eoghan O’Donnell and also feature Sofia Black-D’Elia from Skins and Joel Courtney from Super 8.
Although Morgado is best known stateside for playing Jesus, the Portugese actor has starred in several shows in his home country. For more opinions about Morgado, just check out the #HotJesus hashtag on Twitter.
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive