The man the Internet dubbed “Hot Jesus” will soon have a starring role on the CW. Diogo Morgado, who played the titular role in Mark Burnett’s Son of God and The Bible, will co-star in the network’s upcoming drama The Messengers, according to the Hollywood Reporter. And the role won’t be a stretch, because he’ll be playing yet another mysterious character who goes by just one name: The Man.
The sci-fi series will center around a group of unconnected strangers who die only to wake up and learn they’re responsible for preventing the apocalypse. The script will be written by Teen Wolf’s Eoghan O’Donnell and also feature Sofia Black-D’Elia from Skins and Joel Courtney from Super 8.
Although Morgado is best known stateside for playing Jesus, the Portugese actor has starred in several shows in his home country. For more opinions about Morgado, just check out the #HotJesus hashtag on Twitter.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State