The man the Internet dubbed “Hot Jesus” will soon have a starring role on the CW. Diogo Morgado, who played the titular role in Mark Burnett’s Son of God and The Bible, will co-star in the network’s upcoming drama The Messengers, according to the Hollywood Reporter. And the role won’t be a stretch, because he’ll be playing yet another mysterious character who goes by just one name: The Man.
The sci-fi series will center around a group of unconnected strangers who die only to wake up and learn they’re responsible for preventing the apocalypse. The script will be written by Teen Wolf’s Eoghan O’Donnell and also feature Sofia Black-D’Elia from Skins and Joel Courtney from Super 8.
Although Morgado is best known stateside for playing Jesus, the Portugese actor has starred in several shows in his home country. For more opinions about Morgado, just check out the #HotJesus hashtag on Twitter.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org