The Verge reports that former NBA star Shaquille O’Neal is crowd-funding a video game called Shaq-Fu, which has been described as “Streets of Rage meets Street Fighter meets Devil May Cry,” according to the Indiegogo campaign’s website.
(LIST: 12 Things Shaq Has Endorsed)
Players are supposed to be able to use everyday objects as weapons such as baseball bats and “the occasional basketball and filled with the wrong type of gas, bottles, knives.” Five percent of the profits will go to the Boys and Girls Clubs of America.
But in case none of that convinces gamers and or Shaq fans to donate, the campaign lists a number of other incentives:
- $500: Shaq will follow you on Instagram.
- $600: Shaq will record a 15-second personalized voicemail message for you.
- $750: Shaq will record a 20-second personalized YouTube video message for you — The Shaq-Tube special!
- $1,000: Shaq will follow you on Twitter for one year and send one tweet about you.
- $15,000: Lunch at Shaq’s house for five fans and a guest, plus a game of pickup basketball that will be broadcast live online afterwards.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy