When Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry shared a brief kiss at Cyrus’ Bangerz tour show at the Staples Center in Los Angeles on Feb. 22, everyone basically shrugged and carried on with their lives. The pop stars, however, seem unwilling to do the same.
On Wednesday, Perry appeared on a morning news program in Sydney and revealed the kiss turned into a little more than she had bargained for: “I just walked up to her to give her a friendly girly kiss. You know as us girls do. And then she like tried to move her head and go deeper and I pulled away. God knows where that tongue has been!”
That could have been the end of it, but Cyrus wasn’t inclined to let her good name be besmirched without throwing back a jab of her own. The next day, Cyrus took to Twitter and delivered an uppercut: “Girl if ur worried abt where tongues have been good thing ur ex boo is ur EX BOO cause we ALL know where THAT [tongue emoji] been.”
It’s impossible to say with 100 percent certainty, but it’s a safe bet the Cyrus was referring to Perry’s former flame John Mayer, who has also dated Jessica Simpson, Taylor Swift, Jennifer Aniston and, possibly, quite a few others. Perry and Mayer reportedly split last month.
Perry has yet to respond, but this spat could have some legs—if Cyrus’ tweet doesn’t prove to be a knockout blow.
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023