This commercial for the LG G Flex is awful and wonderful and it makes me uncomfortable. Like, uncomfortable as in I’m alone right now and I just looked around my office with a furrowed brow even though nobody’s looking over my shoulder. I also laughed at a couple parts, but my sense of humor’s always been a little askew.
My former co-worker and current friend Matt Burns over at TechCruch calls it the worst commercial ever; my current co-worker and also-current friend Jared Newman reviewed the phone and found it lacking (to put it mildly).
If you can get through the above commercial, the tagline — “The Most Human Phone Ever” — makes sense. You have to make it through the commercial though. *Looks around empty office again*
The Most Human Phone Ever — LG G Flex [YouTube]
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart