For their latest video, alt-country act the Avett Brothers teamed up with Judd Apatow, who produced the Michael Bonfiglio-directed clip for “Morning Song.”
Despite Apatow’s involvement with the clip, don’t expect any Seth Rogen pop ups, McLovin cameos or Anchorman-esque humor. Instead the video stays true to the Avett Brothers’ stripped-down musical ethos, with the video focusing on the brothers as they play their solemn song in a church, interspersed with slow-motion images of rural America in winter and long walks down railroad tracks, banjos in tow.
While Apatow fans will miss the chance for a Talladega Nights crossover, fans of the Avett Brothers’ folksy blues will love the acoustic version of the song that appears on their recent album, Magpie and the Dandelion.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time