For their latest video, alt-country act the Avett Brothers teamed up with Judd Apatow, who produced the Michael Bonfiglio-directed clip for “Morning Song.”
Despite Apatow’s involvement with the clip, don’t expect any Seth Rogen pop ups, McLovin cameos or Anchorman-esque humor. Instead the video stays true to the Avett Brothers’ stripped-down musical ethos, with the video focusing on the brothers as they play their solemn song in a church, interspersed with slow-motion images of rural America in winter and long walks down railroad tracks, banjos in tow.
While Apatow fans will miss the chance for a Talladega Nights crossover, fans of the Avett Brothers’ folksy blues will love the acoustic version of the song that appears on their recent album, Magpie and the Dandelion.
- Inside the Death of a Rural Daycare
- Exclusive: Inside Ukraine’s Secret Effort to Train Pilots for U.S. Fighter Jets
- TIME’s First Interview in the Metaverse: How a Filmmaker Made a Movie and Fell in Love in VR
- How The Inflation Reduction Act Will Spur a New Climate Tech Ecosystem
- Climate-Conscious Architects Want Europe To Build Less
- Social Media Companies Like TikTok Hope to Fight Election Misinformation. Experts Say Their Plans Aren’t Enough
- How I Got My Students to Stop Staring at Screens
- Author Mimi Zhu Is Relearning What It Means to Love After Trauma