We all know that women tend to earn less than men, but this infographic illustrates just how much less. The graph at the top shows how the average pay gap across the European Union has fluctuated over recent years, and the map below shows the percentage difference between male and female wages in nations across the globe.
Unfortunately, data wasn’t available for many countries, but the overall trend remains clear: the global gender pay gap is still huge.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time