Madison Holleran, a freshman track star at the University of Pennsylvania, threw herself from a parking garage, the Associated Press reports, just an hour after posting this photo:
Holleran (pictured below, left, with a friend) was an award-winning track star in high school and planned to major in philosophy, politics and economics in college.
“The entire Penn community is deeply saddened by the death of Madison Holleran. She was bright and well-liked with an incredible future ahead of her,” university president Amy Gutmann said in a statement. “There are simply no words that can properly convey the sense of heartache that we all feel at such a tragic loss.”
The school postponed sorority recruitment out of respect for Holleran.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time