The best cure to your Oscar hangover? Voting for the movies and performances that you think should have won. MTV Movie Awards nominations were revealed early Thursday morning. The fan-voted awards show will be hosted by Conan O’Brien on April 13.
As usual, the MTV awards nominations are a bizarre mix of critical darlings like 12 Years a Slave and Dallas Buyers Club, as well as films that never quite made it to the prestige awards shows like This Is the End and We’re the Millers. The films will vie for a golden popcorn bucket in more traditional categories like “best male performance” and less traditional categories like “best shirtless performance” (Jennifer Anniston, Chris Hemsworth and Zac Efron make that list in a year without a Channing Tatum or Matthew McConaughey strip down).
Still, more traditional awards picks Wolf of Wall Street and American Hustle, which both left the Academy Awards empty handed, lead the pack with eight nominations each.
In what will be his only nomination this awards season, Paul Walker has gotten posthumous nomination for best on-screen duo with Vin Diesel.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This