Ready for the most Internet-friendly news you’ll hear all day? The Winklevoss twins’ recent bitcoin endeavors are bankrolling their trip to outer space onboard the Virgin Galactic. We’re sure Mark Zuckerberg looks forward to their departure from the earth’s stratosphere, if only for a few hours.
Virgin CEO Richard Branson began accepting the crypto currency as a viable means of payment for the $250,000-a-pop ticket in November. That’s the current equivalent of 716 bitcoin, which is a fraction of the Winklevoss twins’ reported 1% ownership (about 100,000 coins) of the currency.
- Yes, Climate Change Is Making Storms Like Hurricane Ian Worse
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- What Reading 220 History Textbooks Taught One Scholar About Racism in America
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out
- How DeSantis Handles Hurricane Ian Will Shape His Political Future