President Barack Obama had a private lunch with Hillary Clinton on Thursday, a White House official said, breaking bread with his former Secretary of State as his onetime rival mulls a presidential campaign for 2016.
“The President enjoyed an informal, private lunch with Secretary Clinton at the White House this afternoon,” the official said.
The White House didn’t provide further details of the lunch, which wasn’t on the President’s public schedule. Top Obama allies have signaled they’re ready to support Clinton in 2016 should she decide to wage another campaign.
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up