A teenager in Norfolk, Virginia, who was accused of murdering both his parents pleaded guilty in court this week. The reason he committed the crime, he explained, was that he’d gotten angry over routine punishments.
“I just remember getting mad,” 16-year-old Vincent Parker told investigators. “It’s all from my dad. All this stuff like my dad taking away my iPod and stuff.”
Warning: the details of the murders are gruesome. Parker first attacked his mother by dousing her with pepper spray, stabbing her in the eye and beating her with a baseball bat and crowbar until she stopped breathing, CBS affiliate WTKR reports. When his father got home afterwards, Parker attacked his father with a crowbar and stabbed him several times.
Parker pleaded guilty to two counts of second-degree murder in adult court this week, and his sentence will be handed down in September. His family members were puzzled because he has no criminal record and he’s an honor-roll student.
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- Why You Can't Remember That Taylor Swift Concert All Too Well
- What to Know About the History of the Debt Ceiling
- 10 Questions the Succession Finale Needs to Answer
- How Four Trans Teens Threw the Prom of Their Dreams
- Why Turkey’s Longtime Leader Is an Electoral Powerhouse
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- Why Rich People Aren't Using Phone Cases