A Legoland theme park in Windsor, England said it had to cancel an Islamic group’s “fun day” and temporarily close for business following a torrent of abusive threats from right wing extremists.
The BBC reports that the theme park was slated to hold a private event for the Muslim Research and Development Foundation (MRDF) this Sunday, when threats flooded into the company’s Facebook page, email accounts and voicemails. The park cancelled the event, citing security concerns.
Legoland said in a public statement that it was”extremely sorry” and promised a full refund for affected families. The MRDF said the event was open to all faiths and called the threats “an outright attack on Islam and Muslims in the UK.”
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy