A Legoland theme park in Windsor, England said it had to cancel an Islamic group’s “fun day” and temporarily close for business following a torrent of abusive threats from right wing extremists.
The BBC reports that the theme park was slated to hold a private event for the Muslim Research and Development Foundation (MRDF) this Sunday, when threats flooded into the company’s Facebook page, email accounts and voicemails. The park cancelled the event, citing security concerns.
Legoland said in a public statement that it was”extremely sorry” and promised a full refund for affected families. The MRDF said the event was open to all faiths and called the threats “an outright attack on Islam and Muslims in the UK.”
- How the Anti-Vax Movement Is Taking Over the Right
- What Happens Next in Ukraine Could Change Europe Forever
- There's So Much More To Say About Bill Cosby
- Death Doulas Used to Be Rare. The COVID-19 Pandemic Changed That
- What It Feels Like to Be a Muslim Woman Auctioned Online by India's Right Wing
- America's First Openly Trans City Council President Wants to Heal Minneapolis
- The World's Farmers Need to Prepare for Serious Cash Crop Disruption