Correction Appended: May 29, 7:06 a.m. ET
Brad Pitt was punched in the face Wednesday by a man who jumped the crowd barriers outside of El Capitan theater on Hollywood Boulevard, Los Angeles, during the world premiere of Maleficent, a movie that stars Pitt’s partner Angelina Jolie.
The 50-year old movie star struck back before police arrested the attacker.
LAPD has not confirmed or released the identity of the attacker, but it is reported that he resembles Vitalii Sediuk, the man who tried to dive underneath America Ferrera’s dress at Cannes, and who stormed the stage at the 2013 Grammys.
The exchange left Pitt unharmed.
Correction: The original version of this story misstated Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt’s marital status. They are engaged to be married.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate