Correction Appended: May 29, 7:06 a.m. ET
Brad Pitt was punched in the face Wednesday by a man who jumped the crowd barriers outside of El Capitan theater on Hollywood Boulevard, Los Angeles, during the world premiere of Maleficent, a movie that stars Pitt’s partner Angelina Jolie.
The 50-year old movie star struck back before police arrested the attacker.
LAPD has not confirmed or released the identity of the attacker, but it is reported that he resembles Vitalii Sediuk, the man who tried to dive underneath America Ferrera’s dress at Cannes, and who stormed the stage at the 2013 Grammys.
The exchange left Pitt unharmed.
Correction: The original version of this story misstated Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt’s marital status. They are engaged to be married.
- Climate-Conscious Architects Want Europe To Build Less
- The Red-State Governor Who's Not Afraid to Be 'Woke'
- Jonathan Van Ness: We Are Still Not Taking Monkeypox Seriously Enough
- The Not-So-Romantic Return of Europe's Sleeper Trains
- This Filmmaker Set Out To Record Her Family’s Journey Rebuilding Afghanistan. Her Work Is a Reminder of What’s at Stake
- Why Sunscreen Ingredients Need More Safety Data
- What Historians Think of the Joe Biden-Jimmy Carter Comparisons
- Author Mimi Zhu Is Relearning What It Means to Love After Trauma