A U.S. Army general accused of forcibly sodomizing a junior female officer has agreed to admit guilt on three criminal charges but maintains he is innocent of sexual assault.
Brig. Gen. Jeffrey A. Sinclair is accused of forcing a female subordinate to perform oral sex on him and threatening to murder her family if she disclosed the three-year affair, the Associated Press reports.
Sinclair denies he is guilty of sexual assault but will plead guilty to committing adultery, a crime under the Uniform Code of Military Justice, having improper relationships with to other female officers, and possession of pornography in Afghanistan.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving