Oscar-winning actress Lupita Nyong’o can confirm what you’ve been guessing for years: Oprah gives spectacular hugs.
“It’s like slow-motion. I turn around and Oprah Winfrey is coming towards me and her arms open wide and she gives me this big hug and she says ‘you were amazing in [12 Years a Slave],'” Nyong’o said in a video for Conan. “And it was just like…home. And she separated from me and all I could get out was ‘Hi Oprah.'”
The talk show asked Nyong’o, who recently won an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for her work on “12 Years a Slave,” to describe which celebrity encounter in the last year had made her the most starstruck .
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time