Some guy named Andrew walked into a Starbucks recently knowing that he’d get a complimentary drink, because as a Gold member of the chain’s loyalty program, he gets one free beverage for every 12 that he buys.
But Andrew, crafty little devil that he is, decided to up the stakes. Why order a boring old 4-dollar Frappucino when he could order any drink that he could possibly dream up? He set out to break the previous known record for the world’s most expensive Starbucks beverage, and it appears he succeeded.
Behold: the Sexagintuple Vanilla Bean Mocha Frappuccino, valued at $54.75:
Armed with a 128-ounce glass, Andrew strolled into Starbucks, ready to claim his prize. He got the baristas on his side and they worked as a team to think up the priciest possible concoction, Consumerist reports. He said it was “delicious” but maybe it was the victory that tasted so good rather than the actual beverage, which included 60 shots of espresso. (Yes. Sixty.)
Andrew said he drank about a third of it the first day, and then continued to consume it little by little:
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out