Chelsea Handler is finally getting her wish — sort of. After months of speculation and complaints from the star herself, E! announced Wednesday that comedian Handler’s night-time talk show, Chelsea Lately, will finish its seven-year run with a live finale on August 26. A special month-long run-up to the last show will look back on the show’s most memorable moments.
“I myself am more surprised than anyone that I was able to hold down a job for seven years, and it was a fantastic seven years,” Handler said in a statement. “I will always look back at my time on E! as most people look back at their time in college. I’m glad I went.”
Handler’s manager told The Hollywood Reporter in March that she intended to leave the network — which she called “a sad, sad place to live” during a recent Howard Stern interview — when her contract was up at the end of the year.
The show’s ratings haven’t been the same lately: her audience declined 32 percent between 2010, the year before her most recent contract negotiation, and last year, Deadline reports.
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- Congress Avoided a Shutdown. What Happens Next?
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time