As if Game of Thrones needed any more promotion, HBO has hired ten rappers and Latin music artists to create a mixtape for the show that will surface online on Friday, according to the Wall Street Journal. That’s right, there is going to be Game of Thrones rap. And it’s going to be called — wait for it — Catch the Throne.
Big Boi, Wale, Common, Outkast and others will drop some verses about…dragons? White walkers? One-eyed crows? How many things can they really rhyme with Joffrey?
Though about 14.3 million viewers already watch Game of Thrones—making it the most popular series on HBO—the premium cable provider hopes the tape will help the show reach out to an even larger “multicultural audience.” The show’s current demographics are 13.2 percent black, 9.2 percent Hispanic and 76.6 percent white, according to Nielsen.
If HBO is looking to make a second mix tape for next season, may we suggest they ask The Khaleestie Boys, Kanye Westeros, or Cersei Mix A Lot.
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement