Philip Seymour Hoffman acted in 47 films before his tragic death last month at age 46. Filmmaker Caleb Slain spent upwards of 200 hours compiling scenes from Hoffman’s best performance — from Almost Famous to Mission Impossible III to Capote.
The nearly 22-minute tribute is a beautiful reminder of the sheer enormity of Hoffman’s work, his range and his talent.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now