Apparently even ball boys get emotionally invested in soccer (or as everyone else calls it, football.) This weekend, Real Madrid visited rival Atlético Madrid, and at the end of the game, Real was losing 2-1. To kill some time, the ball boy hung onto the ball when he was supposed to give it to Ronaldo for a throw-in. He shrugged, and when Ronaldo came trotting over, he threw it past him. So sassy.
Ronaldo ended up scoring and tying up the game, so he had the last laugh here. Still, props to the ball boy for his ballsiness.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- How Worried Should the World Be of China's New COVID Wave?
- Succession Was a Race to the Bottom, And Everybody Won
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- How Drag Culture Inspired Ursula
- Drought Crisis Spurs U.S.-Mexico Collaboration
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction