Apparently even ball boys get emotionally invested in soccer (or as everyone else calls it, football.) This weekend, Real Madrid visited rival Atlético Madrid, and at the end of the game, Real was losing 2-1. To kill some time, the ball boy hung onto the ball when he was supposed to give it to Ronaldo for a throw-in. He shrugged, and when Ronaldo came trotting over, he threw it past him. So sassy.
Ronaldo ended up scoring and tying up the game, so he had the last laugh here. Still, props to the ball boy for his ballsiness.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time