Apparently even ball boys get emotionally invested in soccer (or as everyone else calls it, football.) This weekend, Real Madrid visited rival Atlético Madrid, and at the end of the game, Real was losing 2-1. To kill some time, the ball boy hung onto the ball when he was supposed to give it to Ronaldo for a throw-in. He shrugged, and when Ronaldo came trotting over, he threw it past him. So sassy.
Ronaldo ended up scoring and tying up the game, so he had the last laugh here. Still, props to the ball boy for his ballsiness.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving