Apparently even ball boys get emotionally invested in soccer (or as everyone else calls it, football.) This weekend, Real Madrid visited rival Atlético Madrid, and at the end of the game, Real was losing 2-1. To kill some time, the ball boy hung onto the ball when he was supposed to give it to Ronaldo for a throw-in. He shrugged, and when Ronaldo came trotting over, he threw it past him. So sassy.
Ronaldo ended up scoring and tying up the game, so he had the last laugh here. Still, props to the ball boy for his ballsiness.
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up