Iconic late-night television host Conan O’Brien has signed on to present the 2014 MTV Movie Awards at the Nokia Theater in Los Angeles on April 13, according to E!
“After eight years of intense negotiations, I am honored to announce I am hosting MTV’s second-most prestigious awards show,” quipped O’Brien.
With categories like best kiss and fight scene, the MTV gongs have long been considered as an edgy alternative to the more traditional Academy Awards.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement