You only live once. YOLO for short. It’s the motto Drake came up with in 2011 that, somehow, remains popular today.
Some Mardi Grad revelers apparently decided that taking this motto to heart — and making the most out of the one life you’ve been given — should involve a healthy dose of vandalism. The unidentified people apparently stopped by Loyola University and stole the large L-O-Y-O letters from the campus’s front lawn, local news outlet WDSU reports. The pranksters left behind the L and A, so clearly, they planned to rearrange the pilfered letters to spell out YOLO.
No further details are known, and officials say the school was simply a “victim of Mardi Gras.”
If caught, we suspect these Mardi Gras pranksters will be charged with the following crimes: 1) trespassing 2) vandalism 3) theft and, most egregiously, 4) perpetuating “YOLO.”
Here’s the vandalized sign:
- The Case for Mediocrity
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- Meet the 2023 TIME100 Next: the Emerging Leaders Shaping the World
- Oprah and Arthur C. Brooks: How to Separate Work From Your Identity
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- You Don’t Have to Like Wrestling to Love Netflix’s Excellent Wrestlers
- The Most Anticipated Books, Movies, TV, and Music of Fall 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time