Once upon a time, indie pop queen Lykke Li reigned supreme. iPods across the land were filled with her tracks like “Get Some,” and even Drake couldn’t help but fall under the sway of songs like “Little Bit.”
But that was back in 2011, and the Swedish songbird has been conspicuously absent from the scene since then. Luckily the winter of our discontent is over and Lykke Li is back. Last week, she announced that her new album I Never Learn is due May 6 on LL/Atlantic.
Now comes the first single from the highly-anticipated LP: “Love Me Like I’m Not Made of Stone” is a bare-knuckled thing of beauty. Heartrending and intimate, the song features Li’s lush vocals front and center in the stripped down song. As the first taste of her new work, it bodes very well for the upcoming album.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World