Once upon a time, indie pop queen Lykke Li reigned supreme. iPods across the land were filled with her tracks like “Get Some,” and even Drake couldn’t help but fall under the sway of songs like “Little Bit.”
But that was back in 2011, and the Swedish songbird has been conspicuously absent from the scene since then. Luckily the winter of our discontent is over and Lykke Li is back. Last week, she announced that her new album I Never Learn is due May 6 on LL/Atlantic.
Now comes the first single from the highly-anticipated LP: “Love Me Like I’m Not Made of Stone” is a bare-knuckled thing of beauty. Heartrending and intimate, the song features Li’s lush vocals front and center in the stripped down song. As the first taste of her new work, it bodes very well for the upcoming album.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State