Australian rapstress Iggy Azalea and British alt-pop songbird Charli XCX pay tribute to the ’90s classic Clueless in the video for their single “Fancy,” which recreates the film’s most famous scenes with fastidious attention to detail. Azalea serves as a fine surrogate for Alicia Silverstone’s Cher Horowitz in a series of iconic costumes and set pieces (the video was shot in the same school as Clueless), while Charli vamps convincingly on hook duty.
“Fancy” may not be the monster single fans had anticipated from the much-hyped femcee (look no further than “Work” for that), but even those who find the song lackluster will have a tough time resisting the charms of the clip. Watch it up top.
- Column: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive