Australian rapstress Iggy Azalea and British alt-pop songbird Charli XCX pay tribute to the ’90s classic Clueless in the video for their single “Fancy,” which recreates the film’s most famous scenes with fastidious attention to detail. Azalea serves as a fine surrogate for Alicia Silverstone’s Cher Horowitz in a series of iconic costumes and set pieces (the video was shot in the same school as Clueless), while Charli vamps convincingly on hook duty.
“Fancy” may not be the monster single fans had anticipated from the much-hyped femcee (look no further than “Work” for that), but even those who find the song lackluster will have a tough time resisting the charms of the clip. Watch it up top.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World