Here are the stories TIME is watching this Wednesday, May 28:
- Poet, writer and Civil Rights activist Maya Angleou died in her home at the age of 86.
- Iraq War veteran Isaac Sims was killed in a shootout by police after being turned away from a VA hospital in Kansas City.
- Google unveiled a driverless car which has no steering wheel, no gas pedal and no breaks.
- Get ready to hit “Like.” Bored teens in Quebec help find a kidnapped baby using Facebook.
The Brief is published daily on weekdays.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022