General Jim “Mad Dog” Mattis is among the most revered top brass of the U.S. Marine Corps, and apparently he’s something of an expert orator too.
At a recent award dinner at the Marine Corps University Foundation he was awarded the Semper Fidelis Award, honoring a leader exemplifying high principles and dedicated service.
The 63-year-old subsequently addressed the crowd for what the Marine Times is saying might be the “most motivating speech of all time.”
Read some highlights below and judge for yourself.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow