More wicked than the wicked stepmother in Cinderella, more evil than the evil queen in Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Sleeping Beauty’s Maleficent embodies pure darkness, sending shivers down the spines of children and adults alike.
More than 60 years after the release of Sleeping Beauty, Disney is finally giving the queen of mean a chance to tell her side of the story in her own feature-length live action film. Angelina Jolie stars as the titular villain as she goes from a protector of the forest to hateful harridan, cursing princess Aurora (Elle Fanning) to eternal sleep.
Here, the cast and crew of Maleficent give a little background into their characters and the movie’s twist on an old story.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow