In case you’ve been away from your Twitter, you’ll be surprised to learn that there is a whole new round of speculation regarding casting choices for season two of HBO’s True Detective.
Fans earlier created a #TrueDetectiveSeason2 hashtag for casting suggestions, assuming that the crime drama would again revolve around two leads, as it did last season with Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson.
But writer-producer Nic Pizzolatto told public radio program To the Best of Our Knowledge on Tuesday that: “Right now, we’re working with three leads. It takes place in California — not Los Angeles, but some of the much lesser known venues of California — and we’re going to try to capture a certain psychosphere ambiance of the place, much like we did in season one,” he said.
Three leads. Three! That leaves so much more room for postulating.
A #TrueDetectiveSeason2 hashtag is currently trending on Twitter that is full of incredible casting suggestions. Here are our favorites:
— dan (@DannyAston1) May 27, 2014
— Jett Wells (@jett_wells) May 27, 2014
— David Teicher (@Aerocles) May 27, 2014
— Michael Atlan (@FUNCULTUREPOP) May 27, 2014
— scott rising (@rising) May 27, 2014
And in case you didn’t have enough of ’em this weekend:
— keepin' it real (@sissyka) May 27, 2014
Please, God, no.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022