The digital music streaming service Spotify posted on its company blog Tuesday that it had been hacked.
But there’s no need to panic just yet. After an investigation, Spotify has concluded that only one user’s data has been breached, “and this did not include any password, financial or payment information.”
To be safe, the music app will provide all Android users with a new upgrade in the coming days. iOS devices and Windows Phones were not impacted. This transparency stands out in light of how Target and eBay recently handled major security breaches, to some criticism.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org